Monday, November 26, 2012

Psychic Connections

In one of my previous posts, I wrote about the experience of my first official paranormal investigation. The special guest for that night was Chip Coffey. He is also the author of the book titled "Growing Up Psychic" and has starred in A&E's Psychic Kids: Children of the Paranormal, and has appeared on many other television programs over the years. I figured I would focus this entry on my personal take of Chip's book "Growing Up Psychic" as I am not only a new investigator with Black Hawk Paranormal of Rochester, but as a teacher as well.

So, I don't overwhelm myself or my readers with all of my takes on everything I will be reading, I thought I would do several short blogs that correlate with the separate chapters and topics found within the book. There are seven chapters and several additional sections that provide additional information and suggested readings.

For this blog I am going to discuss Chip's Introduction, Chapter 1 (What Does "Psychic" Really Mean) and Chapter 2 (So You Think Your Child is Psychic). I had to re-read several sentences to make sure I had read them correctly. It seemed like every other personal experience Chip had while growing up was one that I had experienced too. He also went on to discuss something that another person had also told me that would help to validate a claim this person had made.

The claim was that everyone has intuition, but some have a more keen sense of it and are able to tap into it more often and have control over when to use it and turn it off. Previously, when I had been asked about how I know things I simply said that I am in tune with my intuition and that I am able to read people's body language and "read the situation" as a whole. I never would have thought of myself as being psychic! With that said, it is also said that many people have the ability to be psychic but only a few recognize what it is and work to improve their ability to utilize it.

The next chapter focuses on children that are psychic which is a topic of high interest to me as a teacher. So that will be my next blog...Thank you all for following, and feel free to leave me comments! I am always open to learning new information and sharing with your personal experiences as well!

To Be Continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment